Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Fun

Well, we had an eventful start to the weekend. On Friday Anna, Meghann, Sarah, and I went to a Real SL soccer game. It was a lot of fun. I hadn't been to one yet, so when Uncle DelLoy said he'd give me free tickets since he owns the soccer team, I was all for it. They've had games already beginning in March, but this was the first time I was able to make it. It was a lot of fun!! Watching the game brought back memories of the 11 years I played soccer not only for me, but Megs as well. We actually met playing soccer in 4th grade and have been friends ever since. Kind of neat, huh.

Anna enjoyed the game as well, 'even though no one scored.' Most of our key players are at the World Cup right now, so we were down a little. But, I thought we did really well and it was great fun watching soccer once again. I can't wait till Sarah is old enough to play. Another couple of years and she'll be all set. She's been asking me for a soccer ball for her birthday. A child after my own heart :o)

Saturday we went swimming at Grandma Resch's apartment. It was a lot of fun. Sarah loves swimming. I lathered myself with sunscreen but somehow still ended up getting burned (just a little) even after I covered myself just as well as I covered Sarah, who by the way, didn't get burned at all. Pregnancy hormones. Enough said.

We were all so tired by the time we got home, we all took about a 3 hour nap. I took a 2 hour nap knowing if I slept any longer I wouldn't fall asleep that night. We spent a quiet evening at home, since it was really hot outside.

Sunday we went to church as usual. I was released from my Primary teaching calling. I'm sad, yet relieved. With all the things happening in my life right now, including pregnancy, it's been hard to be a consistent teacher. I would want a reliable teacher for Sarah, so when they asked me what I wanted, I told them for the kids sake it'd be best to release me. That was over a month ago. But now I'm released and am looking forward to going to Relief Society. Anna has been released as Primary Pianist, so she gets to go to Relief Society with me as well. That will be a welcomed changed for the both of us. We spent a relaxing, lazy day at home--thanks to the sweltering summer sun--and enjoyed the AC inside. All in all, a great weekend.

0 comments: