Monday, June 7, 2010

Doughnut Falls Hike

Well, Saturday was such a nice day, I couldn't waste it sitting in an air conditioned house--so I set off for the mountains and some needed fresh air. It was still really muddy, thanks to the melting snow pack up in the mountains, but the hike was very fun. I called it an "adventure" for Sarah so she'd stick it out longer. Unfortunately the trail only got more muddy and snowy the further we went and I had to call it quits before we got to Doughnut Falls because I didn't want to slide/fall/trip while pregnant. But it was still a great hike nonetheless.

Anna and Karina came with us as well. After the hike, which was cut short, we had a picnic in the car. Most places were full of other people and/or muddy/too close to the raging Cottonwood Canyon River for a mother's comfort. Regardless, it was great fun. After wards we went home and Sarah got to run through the sprinklers in the backyard for the first time this season for about an hour while I did some yard work. She was so excited! She soaked herself, which resulted in a bath, and then took a 3 1/2 hour nap.

Baby's due in about 3 months!! Yeah!!! Counting down the days till little ones in my arms. And when I can finally say I'm not dying from overheating!! Thank goodness for AC's.

0 comments: