Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Fest

Well, this last weekend was fun! I took Sarah to the Summer Fest in Logan on Friday. They had a booth at the Summer Fest for kids to get their faces painted for $5. Instead of spending $5, I did it myself! My theater makeup wasn't handy at Liz's house, so I used craft paints instead. Not too shabby, I must say. Sarah wanted a mask like butterfly on her face like her cousin Abby had. Liz did Abby's face with the colors she chose out. They looked so cute together! And I saved $5 thanks to Liz's pre-warning.

Saturday we spent the day at Bear Lake. I left my camera in the cabin, so I didn't get any pictures. Sarah had a blast playing on the beach with her bucket and shovel. Daisy wouldn't get out of the water! We were the only ones there, which really surprised me since it was a beautiful day!! I did get a little sunburned, but not bad. Just enough to make my nose and cheeks pink and my arms as well.

Later that night we went to the cabin up Logan Canyon for a winnie roast. Grandpa Harris wanted the family to get together for Father's Day so we all piled in the car and went up. It was a lot of fun. Sarah had fun playing with her cousins and second cousins. She wasn't quite sure what to do with all the kids around, but she had a blast on the swing and roasting her hot dog.

Sunday we went to church and then headed over to Liz's for a Father's Day BBQ. It was very yummy! We ate outside and enjoyed the weather. I just sat around, since it was so hot and my feet were swelling, and enjoyed the shade of the maple trees in her backyard. We enjoyed a dutch oven peach cobbler for dessert. Yum!

Monday we went to Toy Story 3, which was really cute. Jordan thought it was better than the first and the second. I thought it was just as good as the other three. First movie at the theater Sarah sat all the way through without asking to go to the bathroom! That's pretty impressive for a 2 year old!!

Then the extended weekend ended too quickly and we had to head back to SL. I wish time didn't slip by so quickly!!! I enjoyed the weather, although hot, and the time spent with my family. Can't wait for more days like this to come!!

0 comments: