Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend

We had a great Memorial Weekend. First I took off Friday so I went up to Logan on Thursday night. We all helped Becca pack her apartment and load up furniture to move into Mom's house until her new home is finished being built just down the street from my parent's home. It was a lot of work, and being pregnant, mostly sat and watched everyone load things onto the trailer. But, I did help pack. Friday we went on a hike in Logan canyon up Card Canyon where my grandparents have a cabin. We hiked a fairly even trail, which Daisy loved!, and then had a picnic back at the cabin. After which, we went swimming. Sarah must've lapped the pool at least 10 times which resulted in a long 3 hour nap, 2 hours of which I slept as well. It was a well deserved nap for all. It was so cute watching her little legs kick and her arms paddle. She was so happy to be in the water and I'm glad she loves swimming as much as I do. I have a future diving buddy in the making.

Saturday was busier since we decorated graves. We also helped Becca and Adam finish packing and cleaning their apartment. It's a lot of work to move!! Sarah was a sport and entertained their dog, Chubbs, while I helped pack and clean their kitchen. After, we returned to Nana's to take a nap. Jordan and I later went on a date while Dad, Becca, Adam, Liz, Mike, Aiden, and Abby all went to the SL Real soccer game. I didn't feel like driving all the way back to SL just to turn around and drive back to Logan. So I decided to stay in Logan and go on a date with Jordan while Nana got some time with Sarah. It was fun for all.

Sunday we had a nice Sunday dinner all together as family. We were only missing Justin and Lindsey-who live in Arizona- and Jon who returns home from his mission at the end of October. It ended up being a nice day and Sarah got to play with all her cousins in the backyard and jump on the tramp. She loves playing with her cousins.

Monday we went to Bear Lake for a few hours. We got in some beach time, but the water was too cold for any of the kids to swim in and the temperature outside wasn't much better, and collected seashells. Sarah had a lot of fun playing in the sand. What she learned is that if you grab a handful of sand and the wind blows in your face, the sand ends up in your hair. Silly girl. She had a lot of fun. Then we returned to Logan for Sarah to take her nap. Then we had to head home :o(. That's always the hardest part about having a great weekend.

1 comments:

Megs said...

It sounds like you guys had a great weekend, I am totally jealous I was stuck at work. Sarah looks so big, I cant believe it! The picture with you holding her up, man she is going to be very tall like her mommy and daddy. I cannot wait for the summer to start so we can go swimming at Bear Lake, I would love to go all together with friends and family, we need to plan it. Miss you tons and luv ya more!