Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sarah playing the clarinet

Well, Anna is a great teacher. Last night she was playing her clarinet in between study breaks. Sarah was intrigued, as she always is, and Anna let her blow into her clarinet. At first Sarah struggled with the idea of something being in her mouth that she couldn't bite and had to blow into really hard. But, alas, she did it. It was a #4 reed, which Anna said is a professional reed, so you have to blow really hard to get any sort of noise. Sarah was blowing so hard, she tooted a couple of times. But, Anna said we just might have a musician on our hands. Mozart began playing the clarinet at the age of 3. Sarah is only 2 1/2, and needs a lot of work, but is well on her way :o). No pressure from mom, I'll let Sarah do whatever she wants to do.

Not so long ago, about 2 weeks ago, I decided Sarah was old enough for curlers. So I bought some, put them in her hair, and decided Sunday mornings would be so much easier if Sarah's hair was done come morning. Sarah loves, repeat, loves her hair curled like a princess. She loves to dress up like princess' all the time. So when she gets to wear dresses to church, she wants the brightest, most fluffy, and full dress you can find. And she wants bows in her hair as well. Since church is at 9am, and I like to sleep at least until 7am, I simply don't have time to spend curling her hair with a curling iron. So, curlers it was. She was very good, slept on them really well, and come morning she had the cutest hair!! I didn't get a picture of her before her nap (I promise to next time) so I didn't end up taking a picture of the final look. But, rest assured, she will wear curlers again. She's just too cute!!

1 comments:

Megs said...

She is so adorable, I want to see her hair all curled. Richard just adores her. I bet she is going to have loads of talant, she gets it from both sides!!!