Friday, March 5, 2010

Pictures of the Basement

Well, I've finally done it. I've taken pictures of my carpeted basement! Yeah!!!! The first picture is looking into the basement from the stairs. You're looking into the family/movie room. You can also see the desk area to the left. (And all our moving boxes to the right...eeks.) And front row and center is Daisy Mae. She just always walks right into my pictures.

Here is our beautiful fireplace. Jordan did all of the tile work. Isn't my honey amazing?! He did such a wonderful job. All I had to do was pick out colors (which I believe was amazing too, right?). We're missing a mantle, but given time and more mullah it shall come.

Here is looking back to the North. You can see our kitchenette area and pantry. We still have to hang doors on and we still need cabinets. But, we've made a lot of progress, no? We do have a stove and microwave, but they aren't usable till we get some cabinets.

Isn't Sarah so adorable? She's in her new playroom under the stairs. She really likes spending time alone with her toys and me not telling her she can only have three out at a time. This is her very own area and we all respect that. But, that doesn't mean she can leave it messy. She has to clean her playroom every night before bed.
Here is looking into the bathroom. We still have some major work to do in there. We have all the wall tile to finish and placing the toilet and vanity area. We're getting there though. Poor Anna has to run all the way upstairs to use the loo. But, it could be worse. We could all be sharing one bathroom instead of two. When this one's done, we'll have three!!
Here is the guest bedroom. We're still in between with moving and such, so the room looks a little messy.And last, but not least, here is Anna's new room. She's still organizing her things, but it looks good, no? She has so much more space than before. And, her bedroom connects to the bathroom. (Our bathroom downstairs is a Jack-and-Jill). She loves all the extra closet space too. Now if we only had shelves in it...in time, in time.

Well, there's a birds eye glance at my basement. All the hard work has finally paid off. Just a few more things to be done (like hanging doors, tile in the bathroom, and closet shelves) and we're done. Ahh, I can breathe a sigh of relief.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Love the basement! You guys did a great job! Sarah's "play room" was my fav. Our under the stairs is reached by going through the storage room - so we use it as North Pole, if you know what I mean.

Megs said...

YAY, its done!!!! I can't wait to come over and see it in person. I love the paint, when we get a house I totally want to go with the people you did. Now that you are done, we are just starting to fix up our place. Now I can go crazy.