Monday, March 30, 2009

St. George Mini-Vacation

Well, Sarah and I enjoyed a nice, sunny weekend in St. George. We hiked, swam, stayed in a nice hotel, and visited friends all in one weekend. It was so nice! I had a hard time getting back in the car and coming home to snow!!

We hiked Hidden Pinyon Trail in Snow Canyon. I had to carry Sarah in her pack and I really wished Jordan was there to carry her. She's like 2 times heavier this trip that she was when we went to the Grand Canyon last spring!! She's like 30 lbs!! Well, it's heavy on her back, especially when she is squirming around. But, alas, it was fun!! Sarah was oohing and ahhing at the scenery. We saw several lizards and Sarah thought they were funny and slightly odd.

We also went rock hounding for some petrified wood. We didn't find any. But, I found some milks quartz and dad found some agate. Therefore, our little 4-wheeling trip on a dirt road in the desert was worth the risk and the adventure.

Later we went swimming at the hotel. I'd just signed Sarah up for some classes, which begin in April, so I thought what better way to introduce her to the water in a pool than stick her in one? Well, she was a little apprehensive at first, but by the end she was splashing and laughing and giggling in the water. It was fun and so adorable!!
Sunday we visited Jer and his wife Lacey and their son Jaq in Washington City, just outside of St. George. It was nice seeing them again! It's been over 2 years since the last time I'd seen them and it was nice to catch up and introduce our kids to each other.

Then...the drive home. Luckily Nana drove with me and helped me entertain Sarah on the way home. We stuck in a DVD for Sarah and were set to go. Just as long as Nana fed Sarah snacks periodically we were good.

Overall, a great weekend!! Can't wait for another one!!

1 comments:

Megs said...

Wow looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I am totally jealous, I want to get away so badly. You guys look so cute and happy. I can't wait to have some fun this summer.