Friday, March 6, 2009

Family Update

Well, everything is good with the Resch Family, just completely busy! Sarah's been sick with the cold/flu and I had to take work off last Friday to take care of her. Grandma Resch took care of Sarah the next day when I headed to rehearsals, thank goodness!

Jordan and Anna built the stage for our show last Friday and it looks awesome!! I helped a little, when Grandma Resch came to watch Sarah while I went to the church to help with set. But, Jordan was the main worker on this project and Anna was the grunt worker and did whatever Jordan told her to do. Hillary Sorensen, our dear friend and cast member from the ward, helped for most of the day as well. We love you Hillary!!!

Sarah is all better now, thank goodness! She is running around the house being as cute as can be. When she asks a question, she scrunches her nose and points at things saying, "that?" It is so adorable!! Her hair is also getting really long, but on top it still is shorter. Poor thing has a mullet of the 80's!! But, I've learned to adapt and she is wearing a lot of piggy tails now.

My childhood friend, Whitney Madison (Madson) McKennie took her life this week. It's been a little hard for me to accept she's gone, but I know she's in a better place. She's just a year older than me, no kids, but she left behind a husband. I just hope the despair and depression she felt when she left this life aren't carried over into the next. I truly hope she finds peace and happiness. She will be missed dearly by many, me included. Her funeral is Saturday and Sarah and I are planning to attend.

Tomorrow we have another rehearsal and I'm looking forward to it. Something normal I can lean onto this week. I hope my cast does a great job, which I know they will the second runthrough, but most likely not the first run through. Humph! We're getting there!!

Jordan is good, as always. He had Monday and Tuesday off and he made shelves for the garage. Now we have an organized garage that we can easily park two cars in without worrying if the passenger will be able to get out of the car once we pull in. Nice!!

Jon is doing well on his mission. He is learning the language and really embracing the culture of the people in the Philippines. He's a smart kid and I wish him all the best on his mission!! God speed Elder!

Gee, I can't wait for spring to come!!! Go away snow and please come rain!!! (I love the smell of rain!!)

1 comments:

Megs said...

I am glad to hear you guys are okay. I am sorry to hear about your friend that is always sad. I am excited about your play and can't wait to see it. Lots of love