Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Easter Plans

So, I have been thinking for some time about what to give Sarah for her first Easter. I know Easter is about the Lord and not about the Easter Bunny, but I never thought a little candy here and there ever hurt. But, as you know, Sarah is way too young for candy. So, here is what I have come up with: 12 month PJ's, baby cookies, a toy or stuffed bunny, and a few jars of baby food. Sounds good?

Of course Jordan and I will be visited by the Easter Bunny as well, but he will leave us candy. A part of me thinks Sarah is getting the better deal this year with some clothes and baby cookies! If you haven't tried a baby cookie, you need to. They are very yummy vanilla shortbread cookies usually infused with vitamins, so you really are canceling all the calories, right?!

Well, our plans for this Easter are to head up to Logan, and yes, Nana is planning an egg hunt for the young and the young in heart. We are leaving Friday and coming back on Sunday after Easter Sunday dinner. I am really excited. I haven't spent an Easter at home since I have been married, so that is 4 years!! Not to mention, the real Easter Bunny will be able to hide mine and Jordan's baskets this year!

I also forgot to mention our fun game night last Friday with out neighbors, the Renfeldts. It was really fun. Julie and Phil are in their late 30's and have three kids, Adam who is 12, Brandon who is 10, and Page who is 8 I think.

Anyway, Jordan, Anna, Sarah, and I went over to play some games together. We played 'Scene It' the movie version that Mom and Dad gave me for my 24th birthday. It was fun, we played boys against girls and girls won!! Yeah!!

Then we told stories about our dogs, family, and about us. Phil, who is Jordan's scout assistant, told us a story about their last camp out, which they got the truck stuck and took them 5 hours to dig out. Anyway, that is a different story...

Jordan had promised the boy scouts they could sleep in our cabin and the leaders would sleep in the tent. So Jordan bought a tent heater for the leaders tent to compensate for the loss of the beds in the cabin...which to me really isn't a loss anyway because our cabin is a 'Tom and Huck' shack. Great for hunting, but otherwise really cold and pieced together cabin.

Anyway, in the middle of the night their tent heater stopped working. So Phil turned on his flashlight and started fiddling with the heater. He said he worked on it for 10 minutes and then asked Jordan what was wrong with it. Jordan, who was dead asleep and exhausted from digging the truck out, sat up and calmly stated, "Here, let me do it," and proceeded to fix the heater. He fixed it, laid back down, and was dead asleep.

Phil didn't realize that Jordan can function and hold logical, sane conversations in his sleep. Even though Jordan's eyes are open he is still in an asleep mode. So, it is quiet funny that Jordan can fix a tent heater in the middle of the night in his sleep and remember nothing about it the next morning.

Huh, that is my husband...the man who slept through a tornado on his mission and didn't wake up till there was 3 inches of water on the floor because the roof was torn off. Now, can you see why I 'kick' him out of bed?! He simply doesn't wake up! I suppose everyone has a flaw, even Jordan ;o)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey-
I hadn't heard that story about your mission, Jordan! Looking forward to seeing all of you on easter.
Nana