Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Decorating

Well, that time of year has come again. I begged Jordan for weeks to put lights up on the house, but he hasn't done it. He's been busy working on the basement nearly every day after work, so the lights might not get up this year. I can't go on the roof, Jordan has banned me. Must be a man-ego thing. Hopefully though, we get something up besides my wreath.

Inside, however, is a different story. I had to call a neighbor kid to come over and help me get my tree down from the top shelf in the garage (Jordan was at work and hadn't taken time in the last week to get it down). After the tree was done, the decorating was really quick.

Sarah was so excited to have a tree inside of the house. At first she called it a castle. I guess it looks like one, in the imagination of a 2 year old. I had Anna give Sarah a tutorial of how to place an ornament on the tree. It was quite cute.

After Sarah learned how to properly hang an ornament, she was ready to go. Nothing could stop her! I had to hurry and grab all the glass and breakable ornaments before she took them and tried to hand them. With her tiny fingers she dropped more than just one ornament while helping Mommy decorate.

After the tree was done, I put the other decorations up around the house. Now my entire home looks and smells festive. With the new snow outside it really is beginning to feel like Christmas.

On Sunday morning, Sarah woke up early. Jordan was already working on the basement preparing for the sheetrockers to come, so I had to get up with Sarah. I changed her into her day clothes and brushed her hair. Then, I decided to look half-normal and brush my hair and get ready for the day. I let Sarah have free rein over the house for a few minutes while I readied myself. As soon as Sarah entered the family room, she ran back to me, all excited with glittering eyes. "Santa came! Mama, Santa came!"

Of course I was taken aback. Santa doesn't come till Christmas, not weeks before. I naturally thought Sarah meant she found presents under the tree that we'd placed their the day before. I hurried and followed Sarah into the room, her running, jumping, skipping slowing me down. Sarah immediately ran to the tree and pointed to a Santa ornament. She squealed with delight, "Santa, Mama! Santa's here!"

Sarah is indeed the cutest little girl I know. Jordan and I are truly blest to have her in our life. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter child.

Then came time to get ready for church. Since it is December, Sarah got to wear her Christmas dress. It is so cute! I had to do her hair as well, so I grabbed my curling iron and tried to entertain a 2 year old while curling her hair into ringlets. She was good too, except for the last 4 curls. She was antsy and wanted to get down. But, what a cute girl!!!Sarah and the rest of us (save having lights put up outside) are ready for Christmas!

1 comments:

Megs said...

She is so stinkn' cute! I put up our three foot tree but it wasn't nearly as exciting as yours with Sarah. I loved her all dressed up for church and I can just imagine her all excited for Santa, can't wait to hear what happens when she meets him.

It was a lot of fun at the Forgotten Carols, we need to do more things like that. A date night at least once a month!