Monday, December 21, 2009

Harris Christmas Party &Jordan's Mini-B-Day Party

Well, Christmas is almost here. I can't believe how quickly time has flown by this year. We started off the day going to visit Grandma Thorne at Sunshine Terrace. I forgot my camera, silly me, so I'll have to bring it with me on Christmas. While we were there, Larry and Nola met Sarah Marie for the first time. It was a great meeting and Sarah wrapped Uncle Larry around her little fingers so quickly he was even surprised himself! It was great seeing them again and I hope to meet up with them more often.

After that, we got ready for church. Sarah has a beautiful dress Nana gave her this year for Christmas. It is a deep purple and looks so beautiful on Sarah Marie. I simply cound't resist taking pictures.

Church was wonderful, filled with a lot of music and special messages. We were only able to stay for Sacrament Meeting because Sarah needed a nap if we wanted her to be the sweet little thing we know her to be. She gets cranky when her nap is missed and I wanted her to enjoy the evening with her cousins and second-cousins.

Before the Harris Christmas Party, we had a little one for Jordan. Jordan turns the big 2-8 this year. I know, I know. He's 28 and I'm 26 and we've only got 1 kid. Well, we feel blessed to have the one that we do and when more decide to come, well, we'll gladly welcome them in our home.

Jordan got a new sweater, church shirt, tool set, and fishing flies. Now that he has some flies of his own, because mine don't like to get lost or snagged, he can go fly fishing on Strawberry and at Cottonwood. Now all he needs is to find his dad's old fly fishing rod and get a reel. He has been waiting a while to show me his "crazy-mad fly fishing skills". I bet he's good. Jordan tends to master whatever he puts his mind to.

Sarah this year was selected to be a manger animal. The first year she was a sheep. Second year she was a bunny. This year she was the cattle that gave Christ her bed for the night. Isn't Sarah the nicest cow ever to live? The cutest too, I would say.We all had fun dressing our little kids up for the nativity story. Abby this year was Mary. I sang a solo this year in the nativity, "I wonder as I wander". Since it was all last minute and I didn't have time to think or worry about singing in front of anyone, I was completely calm. Last minute deals really calm me down--odd enough.

I would list all the other kidos, but there are too many!! My grandma and grandpa sure love them all. In fact, when Santa came this year to the party, Grandpa asked for more great-grandchildren. Well, I have plenty of cousins who could do all the hard work :o).

When Santa came down the elevator, all the kids were so excited. They were squealing and screaming Santa's name. It was great fun. It's so neat to see their little faces light up each time they see Santa. It reminds me of how I used to be when I saw Santa Clause. Santa was special this year, just like last year, and gave each of the kids presents. (Sarah saw Santa at Sam's Club on Saturday and she was so excited to see him. When I took her up to him, however, she started to cry. She told me later it was because she was scared. But she was really good the second go around. Nana helped her get her present from him, even though she was apprehensive, and then Sarah was generous enough to give him a hug and tell him thank you. Isn't she a sweet little girl?! I couldn't have asked for better.)

Santa then had all the adults sit on his lap and tell them what they wanted for Christmas. Well, of course Jordan and I asked for a finished basement. We're getting there, slowly but surely. Becca and Adam asked for a cruise, which they are taking in January. Liz and Mike asked for more time....Who wouldn't want that? Somehow Nana and Bompa escaped sitting on Santa's lap this year. I wonder what they would've asked for? Probably more grandkids, to see Jonny-Boy, and to have Justin and Lindsey with us that night :o). Well, Justin and Lindsey will be with us on Christmas Day. Jon still has another 10 months in the mission field before he's back home. And we're all looking forward to that day.
After Santa came, Grandma and Grandpa Harris gave gifts to all the little great-grandkids. Sarah got an adorable outfit! Since Jordan and I had to leave, the hour was getting late and we had to drive back home, we left and promised to visit Grandma and Grandpa come Christmas Day. With everyone there, it was hectic (as you can imagine) and noisy. But, the Harris Party has always been about getting together, sharing time with one another, and having a blast doing it.







0 comments: