Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

Well, it's been such a long time since I've written. I must apologize. Time just slipped away and I never found the time to write...or say anything. Nothing much as happened in the last few weeks. Sarah, Jordan, and I all have colds. It stinks, but at least it's not the swine flu again. Colds we can all handle.

Work is going good for both Jordan and I. I'm still working on getting my Mary Kay business going. It has its ups and downs, but I'm still working hard and doing all I can. If you want any makeup, let me know. I have plenty of things on hand :o).

Sarah is growing, growing, growing and growing some more. She is saying well over 300 different words and she's only 2! She's also starting to sing. I can't believe it too! Most kids don't start to sing till their nearly 3, but Sarah is hitting notes spot on with singers on the radio. She loves music, always has. She is getting better at the piano too. When I ask her to play middle C, she gets about 2 notes away or hits it right on. Not too bad for only being 2!

Daisy Mae is as annoying as ever, but we love the dog. I practice in my backyard with her dummy and some pheasant scent the other day and Daisy was right on. It was so neat to watch her track the scent in the very same pattern I dragged the dummy around the yard. Man that dog as a nose! The vet said she couldn't go hunting this year (since it takes a while to recover from an ACL surgery) but next year she'll be ready to go. I can't wait. I hate waiting an entire season to hunt! Good thing I got my itch scratched on the deer hunt this year.

We're spending Thanksgiving this year at my folks house. I'm really excited. Maybe because since this year it's my family turn, I didn't have to spend weeks cleaning my house in preparation and then buy most of the food. It seems like Thanksgiving is a lot of work!! But, it's worth it to see all the family and spend time together. Jordan loves to cater and show off his mad turkey cooking skills. Well, next year hun, we'll do just that.

Jordan is also gearing up for Black Friday Sales. He's big into that. He's going to go with my Mom and shop. I like it that way. I get to stay home, sleep, and take care of Sarah. Trying to wake a little kid up at 3am isn't advised. I always wonder how some of those parents do that when I see a little kid in their shopping cart at 4am. Well, whatever floats their boat is what I say.

I went and saw New Moon last week. I must say I really, really enjoyed it. I wished there was more Jacob in the movie, since the book was mainly him and Bella, but I was still very pleased. I thought they really did take it up another notch and I'm really excited for Eclipse to come out this summer! June 30th seems so far away!!

Well, that's about all the update you're going to get. Like I said, not much has happened. I'll be sure to take some pictures this weekend and post them when I can. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!!

1 comments:

Megs said...

Oh I hear ya for Eclipse, it comes out on my ann. and I told Richard all I wanted was tickets. I bet Jordan has wildest turkey skills, we will have to do a practice run to help prepare for Thanksgiving next year.