Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day

Well, this 4th of July was really fun, but also very exhausting. Maybe I'm just getting old, or something. Or, maybe it was because Sarah didn't sleep nearly the entire weekend!

Our 4th of July weekend started with a camping trip to Smith and Morehouse Reservoir on Thursday. Anna, Robert, Karina Lindsey, Jordan, Sarah, Daisy Mae, and I all went together. When we arrived it was raining and it continued to rain through the night. We did get our little boat on the reservoir, however, and within 10 minutes I caught 2 fish and Jordan caught none.

We headed back into camp when the rain continued and we had a very yummy cookout. We also cooked the 2 fish I caught and ate them as well. We forgot the salt and pepper, but the fish was still very yummy.

After sitting around the fire for a few hours, since we were all wet and cold, we headed to bed. Sarah got a sleeping bag for Christmas and this was our first chance to break it in. However, she didn't like it. She kept looking at me like, 'why are you placing me inside of this loud bag?!'. Poor bug, she didn't understand the concept and Jordan forgot her blankets. Needless to say, I got about 2 hours of sleep that night. Not too fun if you ask me.

Sarah had to sleep right in the middle of Jordan and me and Daisy felt she had to sleep at the bottom of where Sarah was. All in all, 4 people (including the dog) slept on a queen size air mattress. I don't know how we did it, but we managed to.

The next day we woke up to...SUN! Yeah!! Now we were all really excited for the day. We hurried and made breakfast, packed what we could, and headed out on the reservoir to fish. It was a lot of fun!!

I caught another 3 fish and Jordan finally caught 1. I only kept one and Jordan only kept his one as well. We had other bites, but weren't able to get them in the boat, so they don't count. We fished for a few hours and then decided to head in for lunch, clean-up, and then to head home.

The camping trip was a lot of fun and I'll go back to Smith and Morehouse again. It was a beautiful area and I was so glad that we were able to go, even if only for a night. I hope Sarah does better when we go to Cottonwood at the end of this month!!

After we got home, Jordan and I began the tedious, but much needed, unpacking and cleaning. I couldn't believe how much laundry we could produce from 1 day of camping. After growing impatient, since our dryer takes 3-4 hours to dry a load!, Jordan and I decided to trash our washer and dryer and buy new ones that would last us longer than 5 years!!

Off on our shopping adventure for a washer and dryer!! We went to Lowes, Best Buy, and then Home Depot. Best Buy's selections and customer service were horrible. Home Depot was okay, but they really only sold LG and a few other top loaders we didn't want, and Lowes by far had the best selection, deals, and prices. We ended up buying from them (sorry Adam--he works at the Home Depot in Logan).

So, come tomorrow we will have a nice Whirlpool steam washer and dryer, front loaders. Ahh, I am so excited to do laundry! Thought you'd never hear me say that, huh.

On Saturday Jordan had to work. So he went to Tooele and Anna, Sarah, Lynette, and I went to a sunrise ceremony in Murray Park. Anna plays the clarinet with the Murray City Band and they were performing at the early hour of 6:30am!! That's right, 6:30am! I had to wake Sarah up at 5:30am and we were out the door.

We all thoroughly enjoyed the band. They are really good! They have a concert next week, July 18th, at the Murray Amphitheater in the Park. I am looking forward to it as is Sarah. We all love music in the Resch home!!

After rubbing our eyes from loosing some much needed rest, we went home and waited till the stores opened. Sarah's b-day is coming up so I decided to hit the sales over the holiday weekend. I ended up getting her a few toys and some cute outfits. I even got Aiden his b-day gift too since his is in a few weeks.

Later that night, when Jordan came home from work, we headed to Grandma Lynette's home for dinner and to visit with cousin Amanda and Aunt Lani. It was great seeing them both! We had some chicken and some yummy green salad (I say that because the lettuce was from my garden). We visited together for a few hours and then we went our way for the evening.

We came home and I let Sarah play with some pop-it fireworks. She liked throwing them in the air and listening to them "pop!". It was really cute. After which, Jordan went out and bought a huge thing of fireworks because 'he was deprived as a child and never got to light fireworks at all'. I couldn't deny him the chance, so I let him go out and spend a little money. He had a blast lighting firework after firework. I don't think he cared about what the fireworks looked like, he was just happy to be lighting them.

Sunday came all too fast and left just as quickly. Now it's Monday and I'm headed back to work. Overall, though, the weekend was great! I'm so glad that I have a loving family to share it with!! I just hope next year I can make it to Bear Lake!!

1 comments:

Megs said...

Wow sounds like you guys had a busy weekend, but fun! We should go camping together, (we are going to try to go to Zions over Pioneer Day weekend.) I can't beleive how big Sarah is, she is just adorable with the pig tails. I can't wait to see you guys again.