Monday, June 29, 2009

Suprise Visit

Well, on Friday Jordan left to go camping with scouts leaving all the girls at home, even Daisy Mae. So, after an idea came to me, I decided to drive 2 hours to Logan and spend a night with my family. I convinced Anna to come with me, put Sarah in the car and the dog, and off we went.

However, we didn't tell my mom or dad we were coming. I was hoping they didn't decide to go to Bear Lake, since that would extend our travel by almost another hour. So when I called my mom, just for a casual conversation, I called the home phone to make sure she was there. To my relief, she was.
So, when we arrived we all decided it'd be best to ring the doorbell and give Nana the surprise of her life. Well, that's what happened. Anna, Sarah, Daisy and I stood with wide smiles as she opened the door. We practically gave her a heart attack she was so surprised!!


Well, we arrived late, so we ate a quick dinner, got Sarah ready for bed, and then watched a movie. The next day we woke up around 8am, ate some Belgian waffles dad made, and then Anna, Sarah, Daisy and I all decided to go hiking while my dad got ready for the day. My mom had to work, but my dad was home for the day so we decided to spend it with him.

We went hiking up Green Canyon, which is only about a mile away from my old home. We had a blast! We hiked up to the old cave, which there wasn't anything much to see, but Anna just wanted to hike up to it. We then walked the road for a little while all while Daisy was scoping out the area like a professional hunting dog (I trained her well :o) ).
When we came back, dad was ready for the day. We decided then to go to the Farmers Market, then Gossner Cheese, and then to the very small Logan Zoo. The Farmers Market was really small, but the veggies aren't in full swing yet. A lot of people were selling herbs and lettuce. but they don't last too well when cut and then laid out in the hot sun. Come another 3 weeks the Market will be huge!

At Gossners I got some of their famous squeaky cheese and then some of their delicious rootbeer milk. I got a case so when we had to leave somewhere quick or were going on a picnic we could grab one for Sarah and head out the door. She loves them and I do too.
After that, we went to the Zoo. Sarah loves, repeat, loves the zoo. She likes looking at all the animals, especially monkeys and ducks. Those are her all time favorite animals. We also saw pelicans. There were two of them who were sitting right next to the fence. Sarah walked right up to it and stared in marvel at these beautiful birds. I had to snap a picture. Isn't she so cute watching the birds?!

Mom decided to take off work early, since no one was coming into the office, and met up with us at the zoo for lunch. We had yummy sandwiches from Old Gristmill and enjoyed a great picnic in the park. Sarah especially loved that Nana was with her once again, and mommy wasn't leaving her anytime soon.
After that adventure at the zoo, despite the beautiful weather, we had to head home. Jordan was due home with the scouts and we didn't want to spend an entire day away from daddy even though it was him who left us poor girls alone. All in all, it was a great, weather wondrous weekend. We had a blast at Nana's and are so glad we were able to come unannounced with such a happy reception. Thanks again Nana and Bompa for letting us come and share our weekend with you!

1 comments:

Megs said...

oh sounds like a fun like trip to good old Logan. I miss the small town feeling of Logan. I am just see Sarah running around to see all the animals. She is so cute