Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sarah Went Potty on the Potty!

My little girl, turned big girl went on the toilet last night! Of course Anna and I had to sit with her in the bathroom for nearly 45 minutes, but she did it! Yeah Sarah!! So, last night Anna, Sarah, and I went and got poster board and made Sarah a very handmade potty chart. Now each time she goes on the toilet, she gets a sticker she can place on the chart. We marked certain goals and once she's reached them then she gets treats or little toys.


This last weekend was busy, busy. My dad was very generous and came down to SLC to help Jordan wire the basement. Jordan did accomplish a lot, thanks to Dad, and also learned a lot. We decided to take Dad out to dinner at Carino's Italian Restaurant. It was very yummy. Sarah clinged to Bompa while he was staying with us and always wanted to be near him. Sarah loves her Bompa very much.


After dinner, Jordan, Sarah, Grandma Resch, and I went to Anna's band concert in Murray. They played lots of neat songs! My favorite, however, was The Flight of the Bumblebee. It really sounded like a swarm of bees was headed our way!!

I gave Sarah a bubble bath the other day, something I haven't done in a while. When I stuck her in the water, she was scared of the bubbles! I couldn't believe it! I think it was because she couldn't see the bottom of the tub. But, it didn't take long for her to get used to them once again and love playing in the bubbles! Daisy even came in and played with the bubbles for a minute. My little cutie-patutie is growing up so quick!!
I have to write this down, otherwise I think I may forget it, but Sarah did the cutest, darnedest thing the other week. It was Saturday a few weeks ago and Sarah decided to wake up extra early. She was calling to us to come and get her and I somehow convinced Jordan to get her for me. So, Jordan got her, changed her diaper, and then put her in bed with me. I was in denial, not wanting to wake up, but Sarah was all about waking Mommy up to play with her and make her breakfast. So, she came up to me, patted my shoulder and said, "Nat! Nat! Wake-up Nat!" I grumbled and said, "Hey, its Mommy to you!" And so she amended her words. "Mom! Mom! Wake-up Mom!" It was so cute! I rolled myself out of bed and had to make her some pancakes for breakfast.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Oh, potty training. It's so much fun! I'm not looking forward to it again for Bekah and then again for Moriah. It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it. Good luck to you!

Brooke said...

Good Job Sarah...Keep up the good work!

Megs said...

Oh she is so adorable I can't believe how big she is getting either. And she has a birthday coming up soon...