Thursday, July 16, 2009

Relationship Tag

1. What are your middle names? Well, I don't have one. Jordan's is Everett after his grandma Opal's maiden name. Suites him if you ask me.

2. How long have you been together? May 16, 2003 was our very first date. How do I remember you ask? Because exactly 8 months later we were married!

3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? Right away. We met online and our first chat session he asked me out on a date on a whim. On a whim, I answered with a yes and said I'd go, although I always talked to men for a while before I ever agreed to meet them. Something about Jordan felt different and I decided to go with gut instinct. Later, I discovered, he impulsively asked me out on a date. All well, it all worked out!

4. Who asked who out? Read above answer and you'll know.

5. How old are you? I'm 25 and Jordan is 27 (we're getting old!)

6. Whose siblings do you see the most? Since Jordan's sister lives with us, I see her daily. But, I don't see his mom or brother too often. Since my family is in Logan, I generally visit them for days instead of sporadically. I think it evens out mostly, if you don't include seeing Anna every day.

7. Do you have any children together? One beautiful little daughter, Sarah Marie. She turns 2 in August.

8. Pets? We have Daisy Mae, our crazy yellow lab who thinks she's a small little lap dog, loves the water, and is the best pet to have with kids. Jordan says one pet at a time, so I have to adhere by his rules.

9. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Nothing really. I mean, there are times we struggle through, but together as a couple we always pull through the tough times. Jordan is there for me and I like to think I'm there for him too.

10. Did you go to the same school? Nope. I am a Cache Valley girl and he's a city slicker from SLC.

11. Are you from the same town? Nope, see above answer.

12. Who is the smartest? Well, it depends. Book smart is me, people smart is Jordan. I watch people a lot and assess who they are before I really approach them. I like to figure people out. Jordan, however, just gets along with all types of people from all different walks of life. Also, Jordan knows engines better than anyone else I know. He can fix just about anything.

13. Who is the most sensitive? Outwardly-mostly Jordan, Inwardly-mostly me.

14. Where do you eat out most as a couple? Cafe Rio!!! Yummy!!

15. Where is the farthest you have traveled as a couple? Alaska

16. Who has the craziest exes? We don't have exes. I know, sounds odd. Jordan and I were each others first serious relationships. But, I think I have the craziest friends out of us both. I am a theater person, enough said.

17. Who has the worst temper? Me, I think. I can get pretty heated and frustrated at times. Jordan relents to my wishes, which bothers me to no end! But, that's how he is. He doesn't like conflict at all. When I'm really angry I have to step back, simmer down, and take time to think things through and try and understand his point of view. Once I've done that, I approach the topic again and see if we can resolve it. If he presses for answers right then and there, well, I tend to say what's on my mind and hurtful things can be said. So, both of us know that time is what I need before I come to any conclusions to solve the matter we're discussing.

18. Who does the cooking? Me for sure. I cook Sunday dinner for his family all the time, but he does the dishes. He's pretty good about it too (although sometimes I end up nagging him to get up and do them).

19. Who is more social? Jordan and I both are pretty social. I kept in contact with my friends and I do theater, so I keep a lot of friends close to me. Jordan works in retail and he's a people person. I'd say we're about equal.

20. Who is the neat freak? Jordan is more so than me. I like a clean house, very maticulant about it too, but I don't care if my room gets shabby--Jordan does.

21. Who is more stubborn? Me, I admit it. I can get pretty headstrong at times. But, Jordan does hold his own when it comes to be stubborn as well.

22. Who hogs the bed? JORDAN!! When I was pregnant with Sarah I told Jordan it was either him or the dog on the bed. Needless to say, Jordan kicked Daisy off our bed. I couldn't take it any longer!!

23. Who wakes up earlier? Consistently, me. However, Jordan sometimes has to work early shifts and he's up at 4am getting ready for work. I don't get up until 5:30ish in the morning.

24. Where was your first date? We had dinner at Chili's and then went to X2 the movie. Jordan drove all the way up from SLC to go on one date with me. Commit from the start, huh!

25. Who has the bigger family? Me, no question. Jordan has 2 brother's and 1 sister. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. However, Jordan's parents only had one other sibling. My cousins are countless and my aunts and uncles are right up there. I can count all of Jordan's extended family on two hands. He compared our wedding to 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' since I had so much family!

26. Do you get flowers often? Well, if you count my beautiful flowers blossoming in the garden, then yes. Otherwise, nope. Jordan gets me flowers for v-day, that's about it.

27. How do you spend the holidays? With family, whether his or mine.

28. Who is more jealous? I think we're equal on this. We both don't get jealous. Jordan works in retail and with a lot of women, I work in an engineering office with a lot of men--we trust each other and there's no reason to be jealous.

29. How long did it take to get serious? Not too long, about after 5 dates or so. We would spend weekends together since we lived far apart and during the weekday we'd talk on the phone. So, after about a few weekends together, we starting going steady. We started going steady about the end of June 2003 and then got engaged August 27th 2003.

30. Who eats more? Jordan, 100% he eats more than me and Sarah combined. He's a big boy at 6'4".

31. Who does the laundry? Ha, ha. Well, Jordan washes more, but I fold more. So does this equal out? Well, if not then I'd say Jordan.

32. Who is better with the computer? Me, no question. I work with computers day in and day out. Jordan doesn't.

33. Who drives when you are together? Always him since he likes having more leg room. Whoever is in the passenger seat usually has to slide forward so whoever is in the back as leg room. I'm the shortest in his family (yes, even at 5'8") and usually end up in the backseat or shoved forward in the front seat. Not to mention, whoever is driving picks the music and Jordan gets tired of listening to classical, Broadway, and contemporary. He does like his country music!

Now, I tag Brooke, Jolene, and Martha.

0 comments: