Monday, January 26, 2009

Stake Musical

Well, the Stake Musical is going great! For those of you who've forgotten, or are new to my blog, I wrote the show. I am also the director, my sister-in-law Anna is the music director, and we have two sister's in my stake who are professional choreographers who are doing the show.
We started choreography last Saturday and let me tell you it was so neat!!! Everyone is so excited for the show and are having a blast! I can't wait till we put the entire show together. Here are some pictures of what has been happening so far:
This was our first cast read through and these are our leads sitting at the front of the auditorium.




Here is Anna leading the music. You go girl! It's not easy teaching 70 people how to sing!



This is our Lucy, the low self esteem, nerdy lead who changes who she is to be accepted. Come and see the show and you'll know what I mean.




Here are Sevil, Lucy, and Levil. Sevil and Levil are trying to convince Lucy to see the beautician witch to change her into someone acceptable and popular. These two evil characters are a hoot!


Here are Lucy and Gaston, who was given a love potion to make Lucy believe he was in love with her and changing herself made her popular and "everything" she wanted to be.


Here is a video of some of the blocking and dancing. It isn't too long, so enjoy! Remember, this is really rough right now and we're all learning. All of this was taught on Saturday.

1 comments:

Munford Family said...

I so want to go!! Let me know when it is!