Monday, January 19, 2009

Praying Baby

Well, I've been working on praying with Sarah, whether it is family prayer or praying over a meal or personal prayers at night. I've come to realize babies, in general, know a lot more than we give them credit for. So, I thought it was time we started including Sarah in our praying time/circle.

On Saturday, after Stake Musical Rehearsal, I came home and I was absolutely tuckered out. So I ordered pizza and called it good for dinner. I put Sarah in her highchair and told her to fold our arms, it's time to talk to Jesus (Sarah knows who he is so I thought it was better to relate prayer to Him right now instead of Heavenly Father). Sarah crossed her arms, it was so cute!, and I corrected her into folding her arms. She then bowed her head and began saying, in her own language mind you, her prayer. It was so cute!! I then said a prayer over the food and then congratulated Sarah on "praying" herself. It was so adorable! I wish I would've had my camera running just then. It was the most precious thing you've ever seen!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I love it when they start learning how do pray JaDee Knows how now and we love it Jaxin is finally getting the hang of it but just folding his arms :)

Megs said...

That is so cute. She is so adorable I can just see her doing it and in her own language. We will have to get together soon so we can see!