Thursday, July 15, 2010

July Update

Well, I haven't realized how long it's been since I've updated the blog. Normally I'm really good at this and it's already been over a week. Time flies, that's for certain.

July has been a lot of fun and it's also been really stressful. Sarah loves to swim! I wish I had a swimming pool in my backyard just for her. Perhaps she'll get a little kiddie one for her birthday come August. She asks me almost every day to let her run through the sprinklers out back. Since she's so cute, it's hard for me to resist.

We've gone to Bear Lake a couple of times this year already and each time has been a lot of fun, although a little chilly. We look forward to going again soon and hopefully the weather is more beach worthy than in the 70's.


Daisy also decided to tear her other ACL in the other back leg. So she's going in for surgery today. She just loves to chase tennis balls too much. Swimming is good for her, but running is what tore it last time and consequently this time as well. No more tennis balls Daisy!!

Baby seems to be doing well. I had to take the 1 hour glucose tolerance test and I failed. So they called me back in to take the longer 4 hour glucose test. I was high on the normal range scale, but my doctor told me to attend a diabetes class and also monitor my glucose. I was the same last time, borderline gestational diabetes, but he never told me to take a class. Last time, however, when I took the test, I was already on bed rest due to preeclampsia and I was only 23 and not 26. So I think age and history have something to do with his decision. Gestational diabetes and preeclampsia are tied together. So now I'm restricted to a diabetes diet. I'm not too excited about this development, but I have to do what's best for the baby and myself. Who knows, maybe this new diet will not only be good for me, but the rest of the family as well.

My next appointment, which is Monday, I get to chose the date of my son's birth. Kind of weird, I know. But I'm having a planned c-section, so I get to choose. Unless, of course, something does go wrong as it did last time. When I know the date, I'll be sure to post it.

0 comments: