Monday, April 12, 2010

Hogle Zoo


This weekend we (Anna, Karina, Sarah, and myself) went to Hogle Zoo. It was such a nice weekend I couldn't let the day just slip away.

This was the first time I was able to take Sarah to Hogle Zoo. I'd taken her to the small zoo in Logan, but never Hogle Zoo. Sarah was so excited when I told her we were going. She kept trying to drag me out the door. But, we had to finish our chores before we went. Sarah was very good and cleaned up all her toys in the basement and put them away in her playroom. I did my chores, as did Anna, and then we were off. I want to teach Sarah the all important lesson of we work first and then we play.

Sarah loved the elephants and the monkeys the best. She is still talking about them. We walked around the entire zoo. I remember when I was a kid how big Hogle Zoo was. Now I go and I am amazed at how small it is compared to what it used to be to me. Just goes to show things are so much bigger when you're a kid.

We ventured over to their little park area where the desert section of the zoo is. We got to stick out heads through a rock-chuck hole just like they do. We also saw fruit bats, snakes, mice, a fox, and an owl. Sarah liked everything she saw. It's so cute to see how mesmerized little kids get at the zoo.

She wanted to go back to the zoo on Sunday, but I told her we had church to go to. She loves church, so she was just fine to go there instead. All in all, a great weekend with my little princess. I look forward to many, many more times like this. Perhaps next time I go to Hogle Zoo though, I'll have another kid to watch after too.

0 comments: