Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gearing up for South Dakota!

Well, Jordan, Anna, and Sarah are all headed to South Dakota and leaving me home....humph! Jordan's brother, Rob, rented a cabin for a couple of weeks, so Jordan is meeting him for a long weekend in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Jordan, Anna, and I went there about 4 years ago and it is some of the most beautiful country you'll ever see. Granite rocks shoot through the ground and protruding in beautiful rock formations in the mountains. Evergreens dance across the landscape. Little lakes are everywhere in the hills. It is simply stunning.


I must say I'm glad Sarah is going, even though I'll miss her for the 4 days she's gone. At least she can say, when she's older, she's been to Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Monument. For being only 2, Sarah's traveled to at least 7 different states. Not too shabby, if I must say.



They leave tomorrow and I just might shed a tear or two. My little Sarah is growing right up!!!



This last weekend I went to Logan with Sarah. It was my mom's birthday, so we spent a couple of days with her and my dad. It was great fun. I even helped them out in the garden. I figure they spent so much money raising me, its my pleasure helping out when I can. My sister Liz took some pictures of Sarah for her 2nd birthday. Isn't she a doll?! I love my little princess.

1 comments:

Megs said...

Oh my I love the picture of Sarah!! She is such a doll. I am sorry you have to stay home, but think of it as your vacation from everyone too.