Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bachelorette Weekend

Well, they made it back and alive!! They drove all through Monday night and returned home about 4:30am on Tuesday. I didn't get to see Sarah until after work on Tuesday though, since she was dead asleep when they got home and put her straight to bed. I missed my little angel and was so glad when I got home and got to hold her in my arms again.

The bachelorette weekend I had at home was rejuvenating. I got a lot of things done in my garden and around the house which have been left neglected between vacations and not being able to do it while watching Sarah. Daisy and I spent a great weekend together.

I read 3 books, including rereading New Moon. I am excited to go to the movie this November, I even have tickets to see the movie at 2:45am (since the midnight showing was all sold out!!). I thought I better refresh myself on the story before I see the movie. I'm really excited for it to come out as are Anna and Karina (they are both coming with me to the 2:45am showing).

I went to a movie on Saturday with Lynette (Jordan's mom) called Broken Hill. It was really good, one of those feel-good artsy-fartsy sort of films. It's based in Australia and is about a young composer who teaches prisoners (as community service) how to play instruments and forms a band/choir. I liked it, so did Lynette. However, the entire movie we were both thinking how much Anna would love the movie. Perhaps she'll go with Karina. It wasn't a Jordan movie by any means.

On Sunday I spent a relaxing morning reading, then went to church and taught my little Sunbeams. They are a cute bunch of kids and this is really helping me learn what to expect when Sarah is age 3-4. After church, I went to Lynette's for Sunday dinner. We ate and sat around chatting for an hour or so and then I had to head home and take care of Daisy since I'd neglected her when I stopped at home to change clothing.

Sunday flew by, and came Monday. I had work, so the day passed pretty quickly. That night, I enjoyed the last day to myself and watched a movie with Daisy while folding clothes. I can't believe how clean my house stays when it's just me at home!! But, I'd take Sarah's messes any day if I had to make the choice between a clean home or a little daughter. Sarah would win by a landslide.

When I get some pictures of their trip to South Dakota, I'll post them with a commentary of what they did while there. I wasn't there, so whatever I post will be from what Anna and Jordan tell me.

0 comments: