Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Off to Cottonwood We Prepare...

Well, now that we're back from Alaska, Jordan, Sarah, and I are planning our family trip to our cabin in Star Valley, Wyoming. Yep, that's where I based my book out of (An Unforeseen Life). I love the area and wish I could spend all my time there fishing, hiking, and horseback riding. I know, I sound like some country girl, don't I? Well, I did grow up in Logan in the 80's and back then, it was country land.

I got Sarah a butterfly net so we are all set to catch some butterflies this year. I have to find a viewing cage though. I don't like killing anything unless there is a great purpose behind it. Since Sarah is way too young for 4-H right now, she's looking at them and not collecting them.

Sarah is doing well. She's grown a foot this last couple of weeks, or so I think. She's so tall and too tall for her own good. She can sit on adult chairs and be at a good level to eat at. She really doesn't need a booster seat, but I like to put her in it because then she's eye level with me. Wow, she's one tall babe!

Since summer is here, I am already planning Sarah's b-day party. I know, I know, it's not till Aug. 14th, but still there is always time to plan. It's going to be a Luau this year. So, pull out those grass skirts and coconut bras ladies, men gather your togas, we're going to learn how to hula dance!!! Yep, that's right. I've assigned Anna and Karina to be the teachers. (We'll see...)

The weather has been very springish and I love it. I like the smell of rain. I like to walk when it's raining too (as long as it's not a downpour). My veggie garden likes the rain as well. It's in full growing season right now and soon I'll be able to harvest. Yum!!

Well, we leave Saturday for Bear Lake (we're spending a night there before we head up to Cottonwood) and then Sunday we're off to our beloved Heaven on Earth. Sarah is going to have so many happy memories there! I have too many to count and I'm still looking forward to more and more every year.

1 comments:

Megs said...

oh I want to go with you. In all the many years we have been friends it seems like I can never make it up there! You guys have tons of fun for me too.