Monday, November 17, 2008

Stake Musical Auditions

Stake Musical auditions went great!! I am so excited about the entire show! I wrote the script and found the music, Anna, of course, added in her two cents of what songs she thought would be fun--and I fit them into the script nicely.

Everyone we called back was great! We had a fun time learning a dance to Footloose and singing Broadway songs, and acting out scenes for a cold read from the script. I was amazed at the talent in my Stake. Wow, that is all I can say.

Anna and I deliberated for a bit after call backs, but within in an hour or so we had our leads figured out and our supporting leads. This musical is going to rock! Sis. Breeze (our Stake Choreographer who is a professional dance instructor) is practically choreographing the entire show for us! Anna is the music director, I am the director, and obviously we have a choreographer. I am thrilled! I will keep you updated as the show progresses.

0 comments: