Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Preparing for a "Grand" Vacation

So, Jordan and I are packing today for our trip to the Grand Canyon. Well, I am packing once I get home from work...that is after I have to drop the truck off to get flares so it can pass inspection. Anna is kind enough to meet me at the dealership to take me home. After which, I was instructed I have to pack not only Sarah's and my stuff, but also Jordan's because he has scouts. (Long sighs)

Whew, talk about a stressful week!! I have been running everywhere this week at work and it never seems to slow down. I am glad I am taking off this week for the Grand Canyon, a part of me doesn't think I can take another long week like this again. Cleaning out the DAC Library was stressful enough, now they are having me clear out the storage room (which is a huge garage!!). I also had to prepare 8 packages to be sent to China, prepare all the paperwork, and ship them out yesterday. I wasn't born to be a shipping clerk for a reason! I only hope this was a one time deal, if not at least I am prepared for next time...right? Hopefully today isn't as stressful.

Justin and Lindsey are meeting us at the Grand Canyon on Saturday and we are looking forward to some fun hikes. Don't worry mom, we will be careful and steer clear of all cliffs. I want to live to see tomorrow too. We are hoping the spring run off is still going and we can see some waterfalls. But we all know that the Grand Canyon is a dessert and you never really know if there will be any water from day to day.

Well, I leave Thursday and I am counting down the hours till I can forget about work and hit the road with my little family. This is a desperately needed vacation!!

0 comments: