Monday, October 12, 2009

Sarah's Owee

We went to Logan for the weekend to visit Nana and Bompa and also have a Mary Kay party for Anna. Upon arrival, I asked Sarah if she wanted an apple. She was in her footy pajamas and came running excitedly towards me. She slipped, fell, and slid right into the corner of a chair leg. Needless to say, Sarah had a trip to the Urgent Care down the street.

The doctor checked it out and they said it could use 1 stitch, but it wouldn't be worth the trauma it would cause Sarah. So, they numbed the area with some sort of special topical ointment, and then cleaned it off. After it was all cleaned, the doctor glued on a piece of tape and walla, Sarah's head was taped back together. He said the tape will fall off within a week or so.

Sarah, however, wasn't too fazed at all by this experience. As you can see, she still had enough happiness in her to give Mommy a good 'cheese' picture. She also thanked the doctor and the nurse who helped her. She melted their hearts--what child thanks a doctor for scrubbing at their wound and then looking at it to determine whether a stitch was needed or not? Only Sarah would, that's who.

After our trip to Urgent Care, Sarah went to bed. It was already late and I didn't want her up any longer; considering her owee tuckered her out. Saturday came too quick. We ate breakfast and then went over to Auntie Liz's to see the puppies. Sarah really had a fun time with them. She had fun playing with Aiden and Abby as well. Then, we went back to Nana's, ate some lunch, and then went to Gosner Cheese to get some milk cartons for Sarah. Since Sarah has been doing a fantastic job at potty training, I went to Six Star in Logan and got her some presents for her achievements. She got a red feather boa, princess lip gloss, and a ball that lights up.

Later that night was the Mary Kay party. It was a lot of fun. Thanks to all those who came!! My pumpkin squares were a big hit, especially with my dad since he watched Abby, Aiden, and Sarah during the party. He rightfully deserved 2 pieces of pumpkin squares.

I also signed up to be a Mary Kay consultant. I love makeup and I love teaching others about makeup. I thought it'd be a good match for me right now. I also think this will help me establish a good business at home which I can do and be a stay at home mom one of these days. When I get everything set up, I'll be sure to post my website on my blog.

Sunday was good. We came home, went to church, and then ate dinner over at Grandma Resch's. Lynette is getting her gallbladder taken out on Thursday, so Jordan gave her a blessing with the help of her home teacher. I firmly believe everything will go well. Lynette is a strong fighter and has lived through a lot already.


That was my weekend in a nutshell. It was fun, tyring, and worth every second of sleep I lost.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Poor little Sarah atleast she didn't need stitches :) and Sorry I Couldn't make it to the party, I was planning on it, but we have been moving and that so tiring!

Megs said...

Oh my goodness, that looked like it hurt. Poor little girl, I wish I could have been there.

She is a tuff cookie and Richard said he is proud of her.