Monday, August 3, 2009

Dad's/Bompa's Birthday

So, for my dad's birthday we went to Pickleville Playhouse in Garden City, UT. We watched a fun little melodrama T.J. Davis wrote (he was in the same ward as me growing up) and had fun booing the villain, cheering for the hero, and ahing for the maiden in distress. It was quite fun and Abby, Sarah, and Aiden loved it. Aiden was leading the music, right on beat too. Abby was entranced with the eugine and Sarah just had fun eating popcorn, listening the the music, and watching the dancing.

After the show, we went to the cabin for some dinner. Liz, Mike, Aiden, Abby, Becca, Dad, Mom, and Sarah and I were all there to celebrate. Jordan had work, so he couldn't come, same with Adam. So, the girls in the family celebrated with Dad this year.

Mom made a yummy dinner and then we had cake and ice cream. Abby chose the cake out and the ice cream, so we had a lot of sugar, needless to say. But it was very yummy!

Dad opened his gifts from us. This year all of us, save Mom and Dad, wrote stories about Sam Dog. It was a year ago yesterday that Sam passed on and he was Dad's beloved pooch (Mom's too). We thought it'd be nice to write a memoir of him and publish it in a nice book with photos. Dad was so happy he almost started crying. Ahh, nothing says it like a perfect gift.

Abby and Sarah just wanted to play with each other. Abby doesn't get to see Sarah that often so when they have a chance to be together they take full advantage. They are so cute together!

The next day we arose early, thanks to Sarah's internal alarm clock, and ate breakfast. We headed out on the boat for the morning. I would've wakeboarded, but I twisted my ankle pretty bad a few days ago. My ankle is still healing and if I tried to shove my foot into the wakeboard boots there was no way I'd be able to get my foot out without straining my ankle more or breaking it.

Sarah and Abby had a lot of fun 'driving' the boat. Bompa was nice enough to take a small step back and allow Sarah and Abby to take the wheel. Aren't they cute?!

Aiden loved the boat, in fact, he fell asleep on the way back. But not before we captured some great pictures of him!











After the boating adventure, we headed to the beach. Abby decided she didn't want to put her swim-suit on, so she walked in the lake with all her clothes on! Silly girl!! Abby and Sarah had so much fun together I had to capture it on camera. Moments like this don't last long enough, but they are at least burned into your memory.

Sarah had so much fun in the water! Abby would go fill the bucket up with 'fresh' water and then Sarah would wash her hands in the bucket. This process was repeated at least 30 times and each time both girls would giggle and think this was the funniest thing to be doing. We should take lessons from kids, huh.

Sarah was also fearless when it came to entering the water. She takes after me, since her daddy has a phobia of water. She'd plunge right in and sit down letting the seashells and sand get all over her. She was a sandy mess, but she was so cute! She was having so much fun, I couldn't stop her. Kids need to have those messy moments without Mommy saying no!


After the beach, we headed back up to the cabin for some lunch. Liz, Mike, Abby, and Aiden had to leave to go to the Arts Fest in Park City. But that's okay, Becca got back from the baptism she attended that morning and Sarah had a new playmate.
But, time slips past and soon it was nap time. Mom, Becca, and I went into 'town' to get a shake for Dad and a plague for the cabin Mom wanted. It was Raspberry Days at Bear Lake, so it was extra busy. But, it was so much fun! Dad stayed behind and listened for Sarah while the girls went out.
Sarah awoke from her nap early and she was very cranky. I convinced Dad to take us out on the boat for one last spin before Sarah and I had to head home. The one last spin ended up being another 2 hours, but it was worth it. Becca got some wakeboarding in and Sarah, Becca, and I jumped off the boat and swam around in the lake (of course we had life jackets on because holding a baby in deep water isn't that easy).

Soon it was time to head home. We drove through Evanston and got home a little after 9pm. Sarah was completely tuckered out and went right to sleep. I was pretty pooped out too and joined her. All in all, another great weekend! I love summer time!

1 comments:

Megs said...

Oh my it sounds like you guys did a lot. I love Bear Lake it was so beautiful when I went there with the Trappetts. I wish we had a cabin to escape to. I love your family and the gift to your dad was amazing, the closest I came to having a dog.