Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bouncy Baby and Diva Sarah


Well, the kids are growing right up! Daniel is gaining weight now that he's on goats milk. His acid reflux was so bad he couldn't even handle formula. We even tried the expensive Nutramagin, but it didn't work. His little tummy is just so sensitive. Thank goodness for goats milk!! Now that he's growing, he's a very, very happy little baby. He loves to jump in his bouncer, unlike any other baby I've ever seen! He can go forever...well, not really...the poor kid does get tired. It's good to see him doing so well and acting like a normal baby and not always crying! I wish little babies didn't get acid reflux, but the poor things do. I'm just glad I've been able to find something his tummy can handle that doesn't hurt him.


Sarah is into EVERYTHING! I have to watch her like a hawk watches its prey. I turn around and she's into something else. She's so independent too that it makes things even more difficult. I stop to feed Daniel and I turn around and Sarah's into something else (most often paint or cutting things up with scissors). Recently she decided it'd be fun to explore the rooms upstairs that used to be mine, Liz's, and Becca's. Of course our old clothes were there and Sarah took it upon herself to try them on. Well, I can't say I was too upset at her. I loved to dress-up when I was younger. I suppose the saying is true. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. The picture is of Sarah wearing Becca's Thriller costume she made for Halloween years ago.
Lately Sarah has decided she doesn't need naps or to go down to her room for quiet time. It makes the day long for me, but I'll handle it. She's a cutie, even though she's into everything and sometimes belines it for the closest exit when she knows she's done something wrong. Since her days are longer, we've found that she's so pooped out at the end of the day that she'll fall asleep on the couch as I'm preparing dinner or taking care of Daniel. She's so tall too that she looks like a mini adult. I couldn't help but snap this picture of my 3 year old who thinks she's turning 16.


The weather last week was so nice. It felt like spring and I had to get out of the house! I gave Sarah her sidewalk chalks and we headed outside for some well needed sunshine. We had fun coloring and Daisy had fun playing with her tennis ball. Then...the weather turned and we were shoveling 1 1/2ft of snow!! Leave it to mother nature to strip away my bliss at the thought of an early spring. But at least we had a little taste of what we'll be getting in a few more weeks...or how things are currently looking...months.

1 comments:

Gail said...

He's so cute! And Sarah's hair is getting so long!