Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day Weekend was great and very relaxing. My family all went to Bear Lake for the weekend, but I felt it was a little too far away from my doctor in case something happened with baby. So we decided to just spend time together in Logan as a family. It was great because I really felt like I got in some quality mommy time with Sarah before baby comes next week. I do want her to know how much I love and adore her and will not push her to the side once her baby brother arrives. I know it will be a hard adjustment for her, but I think she'll handle it with grace once she sees how cute her baby brother is and how much Mommy loves them both.

On Friday we celebrated Nana's birthday at my sister's house. It was fun getting together and visiting with Larry and Nola before they returned to California. We had a great BBQ and enjoyed giving our presents to Mom.

Saturday everyone headed off to Bear Lake, except us of course. We spent the evening together and went out to dinner. It has been a while since Jordan, Sarah, and I have gone to dinner alone without a group of others surrounding us. It was some great, and needed, family time. We then got some items for baby (wet wipes, baby powder, etc) that I'll need once baby is here.

We visited with my friend Ashley at her new home in Yorkshire development. It was fun getting together with her and her kids. Her little daughter, Kadence, is 2 months older than Sarah. So now Sarah has a new friend in Logan. Ashley just had a second little girl in May so both of our kids will be really close in age. That makes for a great play-date, I think. And both Sarah and Kadence warmed right up to each other and were laughing and giggling like they've known each other their entire life.

Sunday I had to drive back to SL for a doctor's appointment. Sarah stayed behind and went to church with Auntie Becca and Uncle Adam while Jordan and I returned to SL to repeat some tests. My doctor was on call that day, so he came in and checked on me. Everything looked fine and he sent me off to return to Logan for the remainder of the weekend.

Monday was cold, well, according to Jordan and Sarah. I thought it felt very nice outside. Anyway, we went to Elk Ridge Park up the street from my Mom's house and played for a little while. Daisy has been in recovery for the last several weeks since her ACL replacement surgery. I thought it was about time we got her out and walking and what better place to take both dog and kid than the park? Sarah enjoyed her time playing on the slides and Daisy even took a turn too.


1 comments:

Brooke said...

Aw looks like you had fun, I can't wait to see this little guy next week, good luck with everything!!